2010-02-22

One step backward

Over the weekend I read my students' opinions of this experiment as noted in my previous post. Knowing that some really did not care for it, combined with a hectic Monday morning created conditions favorable to me deciding to go back to regular teaching in third period today.
I am disappointed that I made that decision, but as the students filed in, it seemed like a better idea to make the decision and avoid the confusion and controversy of a class vote. The students didn't seem to mind too much, but I think some did. I felt like I wasn't holding up my end of the bargain.
For the students who prefer the regular way of doing things, I hope that they will continue their own explorations, and I intend to visit them more often to make sure they are finding what they need.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment