2010-02-09

Multitasking 101

Okay, so I'm not in the Net Generation.
But...
I just

  • attended an ISTE Eduverse talk in Second Life with Doug (Blue Skunk) Johnson, topic: cloud computing
  • checked profile of avatar sitting next to me at above
  • still attending the Future of Education conversation with Lisa Gillis, topic: online courses
  • grabbed my Kindle to check quote from Disrupting Classroom which was incorporated in chat and actually mentioned by moderator of Lisa Gillis' talk
  • graded a few papers, but once both sessions got going, I dropped the hard copy paperwork
  • added a quote to my wiki
  • started this blogpost
mostly simultaneously. I don't think I was fully engaged in either presentation; I had to keep switching back and forth audio feeds, but I also don't think I missed much. 
My interest has been high because if nothing was going on at one preso, I would simply switch to the other. I feel I got quite a lot of benefit from this first session of Multitasking 101!

1 comment:

  1. I think what you're doing is mirroring the learner behavior we're observing in our classes: multi-tasking and prioritizing. Sounds great! VERY 21st century! : )

    ReplyDelete