2010-03-09

Learning Lab

Monday - several are using opportunities to read through the book and work problems. Several are continuing to explore online. I did a demonstration today; most paid attention to that.

Tuesday - today I noted that many more were using textbooks & working problems. I am not sure what I think about it. I told them I am letting it happen, but I am not sure. Some who have found resources were invited to share what they found at the end of the period. That was a nice invitation back to the laptops, I think.

Neither of these two days were scheduled laptop cart days, but I checked last minute and no one else had them checked out. I also used the document camera both days. Helped a lot with the demonstration.

Working on inference for proportions...

ONE MAJOR ADVANTAGE to this learning lab concept - I have 2 students continuing to work on inference for means using the t distribution. They aren't holding up anyone. I told them they may have to put in extra time since they aren't where everyone else is, but they seemed to accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment