2009-11-28

How Did I Learn Today?

Yet another fruitful line of inquiry is this - how do I myself learn?

How did I learn today?

1) I went to the K12 Online Conference blog and found an archived presentation that sounded interesting. I viewed it on Elluminate, and listened to the VoiceThread responses that followed... Scott McLeod's presentation on leadership being ill-prepared to cope with disruptive innovations
2) I downloaded to my Kindle an electronic sample of a book Scott mentioned, Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation WILL Change the Way the World Learns
3) I logged into the Great Conversation Ning and found out that I had missed the first Paideia seminar in Second Life!
4) I read the seminar text, Kurt Vonnegut's EPICAC
5) I Check out the archived USTREAM at www.bookosphere.net/ and the photos here in the Ning.
6) I logged in late to Classroom 2.0 Live Talking K12Online, but was able to listen to the after-talk discussion. I familiarized myself with Elluminate features since I had not really used this before. 
7) I finished reading an eBook I had previously downloaded, Curtis Bonk's The World Is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education. I had just seen that Curtis Bonk will be on Classroom 2.0 Live  this coming Thursday night.
8) I copied several events from Classroom 2.0 Live calendar onto my Google calendar to which I have a link on my professional learning community's wiki to help inform my group members about learning opportunities.
9) I read new blog posts via my feeds in Bloglines.
10) I blogged. This is my first attempt at blogging, and I am still learning!


I guess that's it. None of this was in a traditional classroom. I paid no tuition. I will receive absolutely no credit for my learning today.
What about you? How did you learn today?

No comments:

Post a Comment